Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Behavior Management System!

For the past few weeks my kiddos have been OFF THE CHAIN (and not in a good way)! Needless to say, it's been a little rough in my classroom the past few weeks. I constantly have to stop class due to disruptions. But, I got to thinking and decided I needed a new behavior plan. Due to my addiction of Pinterest, I found many great ideas for creating different behavior charts and other visuals. After browsing through many blogs, I realized I needed something simple since I am changing things in the middle of the year. So this is what I came up with.....



Taaaa-Daaaa! So simple, I know. But I have a morning group and an afternoon group and I am very limited on space in my classroom. I got the poster paper and letters from Dollar General. I plan to put up a picture of a cupcake or another sweet treat each time the class has a good day. When the board is full, the students will get a special treat such as special outside time, eating lunch in the classroom and watching a movie, or something along those lines. I am welcome to any ideas you all may have (especially ideas that won't cost me anything)! As a first year teacher, I am looking into every possible resource to find ideas.

Here is  both sections from a closer view:



Sorry about my shadow on the pics! I'm no photographer! Anywho, this is just a part of my new behavior management system. I also have an individual behavior management chart in progress. Hopefully, I can get that finished tomorrow. I pray that this will help minimize the disruptive behaviors. I also plan to use an idea I found on Pinterest where students have to complete a kind task for someone else each day. I have the task written on a strip of paper. The strips are in a jar and each day, students will receive a task that they must complete by the end of the day. 

Let's hope this works! I would love to hear from you if you have any advice or suggestions to make about minimizing disruptive behaviors. 

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment